Here are some topics from today’s discussion:
- Why every plan is individual
- Deciding to buy a home is the vital first step
- Why getting pre-approved is NOT the first step
- How you can get started on your plan today
[01:51] We All Start From a Different SquareRolling with the board game analogy, it’s important to know that everyone’s 10 steps start from a different place on the board. You could be in a completely separate spot in life from someone else, which heavily influences your home-buying process. Knowing where you are on the board is the key to using it properly.
[7:11] The First Two Steps to SuccessIn the 10 steps to buying a home for the first time, there are two steps that are not on the list that might shock you. The first one is getting pre-approved for a loan. The second is finding a realtor. Why?! Because finding a guide in your home-buying process is so so so important for this very reason – it covers both of these steps. DO NOT shop around for pre-approvals and rates first. Look for a realtor first who can talk you through the process. Instead, your first two steps should be:
- DECIDE to buy a home. Yes, you need to be committed to the idea first.
- Find a GUIDE. You also need to find someone who cares about you and knows the process to help you navigate these real estate waters. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a realtor, but needs to be someone who knows what’s up.